Change font size

All Things Running

Cookies 2012 race calendar

Think Differently

Re: Cookies 2012 race calendar

Postby Cookie » Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 pm

samurai69 wrote:wouldnt eat the cherries .......shitting your way round

You'd probably never notice because of all the mud :lol:

treat them both like endurance races and consume real (ish ) food before during and after them.......(During)!!!

I've had some real nice all natural cookies in the past when out running which easily fit into my shorts pocket that I can use. Plus with the Para's 10 race I'll have a few pockets on the Bergen which I can put food into & get myself a camel back to go into the top of it & drink through the water tube that runs off it.

have wee looked at glycerol loading to hold water in like BBers do.....something for the future if not

Done that before & there is a specific term for it but can't remember :oops:

2 races of this type together is a lot different too 2 marathons etc

The obstacles & added weight of the Bergen are really going to take it out of me but if I manage these two back to back then a marathon by the end of the year should be easily doable.

i would look at a creatine load as soon as you finish the first race then loads of water and carbs in

Good idea. I can start the Creatine load (5 days in total) 3 days before the first race. Keep loading on that day plus day of second race. With the final load the day after the second race to help with recovery.

plenty of BCAAs as well

Easy to use just before & right after each race. Easy enough to have a separate bottle with a BCAA mix in the Bergen to drink during the second race to help ward off fatigue.

And a guy at work has just given me a Bergen for free :supz: :mrgreen:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:19 pm

cool
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat May 05, 2012 8:15 am

Need to find some lightweight boots. Usual recommendation is Hi-Tec Magnum's but will need to try a few styles on to see what feels right. Guy I met at a spartan race last year is possibly doing it with me & pointed out I need to lean forwards so that the Bergen isn't slamming into my lower back. 35lb doesn't sound or feel heavy yet I haven't done it for 10 miles which is a whole different ball game :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Coal Race 2012

Postby Scott » Mon May 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Cookie wrote: if training goes to plan Paras 10

I really do like the look of that one. I hope your training works out and you are able to give it a shot.
I really prefer the cross country runs in army boots, really different vibe to than running along a road in trainers.
I done the murder hill with a weighted backpack a couple of times. I had one of those waist straps on the back pack, I suppose bergans have those as well ( I cant remember ).

theres a bit in that plan which says 'prepare a pair of boots'. What does that mean?
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Re: Coal Race 2012

Postby Cookie » Tue May 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Scott wrote:I really do like the look of that one. I hope your training works out and you are able to give it a shot.
I really prefer the cross country runs in army boots, really different vibe to than running along a road in trainers.
I done the murder hill with a weighted backpack a couple of times. I had one of those waist straps on the back pack, I suppose bergans have those as well ( I cant remember ).

Cheers Scott. Starting to prefer the off road races myself. Roads are good for testing speed work but there's another element to the off road races which makes them a lot more enjoyable.

Got plenty of time to build the backpack weight up so we'll see how the body copes once we get to full weight & doing a decent amount of miles.

theres a bit in that plan which says 'prepare a pair of boots'. What does that mean?

I think its about making sure you've walked the boots in first before attempting to do any running in them.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Mon May 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Para's 10 entry submitted. No going back now.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon May 14, 2012 6:32 pm

Cookie wrote:Para's 10 entry submitted. No going back now.

:supz:

should be fun!

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Mon May 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Scott wrote:
Cookie wrote:Para's 10 entry submitted. No going back now.

:supz:

should be fun!

Now will "fun" come into it :-k :lol:

Challenging to say the least especially as its the day after another obstacle course race.

Only cost £30 which is cheap considering what people are expected to pay for a lot of the obstacle course races which range from 40-100£ depending on the organisation or when you actually sign up for the race with all these so called "early bird" offers.

Considering now whether or not to do it for their charity via a just giving page or just chip in some coin myself when I get there.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon May 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Cookie wrote:Now will "fun" come into it :-k :lol:

sorry.... I meant 'fun' from our perspective, not so much your perspective :mrgreen:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue May 15, 2012 9:36 am

Scott wrote:
Cookie wrote:Now will "fun" come into it :-k :lol:

sorry.... I meant 'fun' from our perspective, not so much your perspective :mrgreen:

Trust me I'll be laughing all the way to the finish line ;-)

Another reason why a head camera is needed, so everyone can share in the enjoyable experience :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:42 am

head cams look the bollox, wish they where around when we raced MTBs would have been great videosa and my big wipeout would have been great to watch too
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue May 15, 2012 10:02 am

samurai69 wrote:head cams look the bollox, wish they where around when we raced MTBs would have been great videosa and my big wipeout would have been great to watch too

Pray tell on the wipeout :lol:

I'll have to double check to see if they would let me use the head cam on the Para's 10 because of the obvious safety & security issues with it being an military base.

It could be a definite for the Spartan race the day before because I'll not being going full tilt on that one knowing what I have to do the next day.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to All Things Running