It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm
Change font size

All Things Running

2013 Coal race

Think Differently

2013 Coal race

Postby Cookie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 am

Graph showing the elevation of the entire course.
Attachments
elevation.jpg
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: 2013 Coal race

Postby samurai69 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 am

yeh thats cool, and shows why the hill sprints and overload principles work well
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 am

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am

the oldes clip there was good, those old sacks looked easier
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm

samurai69 wrote:the oldes clip there was good, those old sacks looked easier

Looked slightly looser. Overall weight has always been 50kg.

1972 & his first of 4 wins.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:the oldes clip there was good, those old sacks looked easier

Looked slightly looser. Overall weight has always been 50kg.

1972 & his first of 4 wins.

looked a good pace

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:28 am

After a lot of thought & consideration I'm not doing this years race. Even if the foot healed & was completely pain free in the next 48-72 hours & S69 did his miracle athletic taping techniques on the foot to support the fascia it just wouldn't be worth the risk racing/running with that much weight on my back & over 6 weeks of no training for it since the condition reared its ugly head. Got to think long term health & as I wrote in my journal I never want to get this condition again in fact I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

So with that in mind we go back to the drawing board & plan for a all out assault on next years race.

We had a 5 year plan from the very first day & with last years 6th place overall finish we were ahead of what we had planned so its not a complete disaster. And with what training I had done this past 12 months before the foot condition I was on target (going by last years finishing times) for a 20-30 second improvement. This would have gotten me into the top 5 which was this years goal.

So watch out coal race 2014.

http://www.Spartan-warriors.co.uk & New Spartan Gym are back in the lab building a bigger, better & faster model. :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:39 am

Right decision i think......well i thought it when it happened , but you need to learn the lessons (look on me as your nanny mcphee)

lesson 642 learned

we have the right bits in the tool bag, and somethings i have ideas about that follow on from your re hab readings

will chat when we come up

look on the bright side i need someone to carry my camera equipment around.....LOL

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 am

Defiantly sounds best.

Must admit you got me still thinking of trying it next year.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:28 pm

lil john wrote:Must admit you got me still thinking of trying it next year.

Come up this year, check the race out & then we can start some sort of "program" to get you on the starting line next year. ;-)

samurai69 wrote:Right decision i think......well i thought it when it happened , but you need to learn the lessons (look on me as your nanny mcphee)

I wouldn't say your as ugly as Nanny Mcphee, close bit not as :finga:

Oh lots of lessons learnt. Feet are very important things & with them getting such a beating everyday from work I'm going to have to invest more time in looking after them.

we have the right bits in the tool bag, and somethings i have ideas about that follow on from your re hab readings

will chat when we come up

Can't wait to see what you're thinking. Have some ideas myself.

look on the bright side i need someone to carry my camera equipment around.....LOL

Yeah I can carry them whilst you're doing the veterans race :finga:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:46 pm

the kids race is as far as i need to run with 100kg in each hand....thats sensible stuff!!

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Cookie wrote:
lil john wrote:Must admit you got me still thinking of trying it next year.

Come up this year, check the race out & then we can start some sort of "program" to get you on the starting line next year. ;-)

yeah might pop up and see it. atm im going to concentrate on running about a mile and try get it slowly down to a decent time once a week, and uping conditioning in the gym with the SM comp coming up. Plus a mate from Leeds is lifting in december in NW gbpf comp and im tempted to compete in that even though i imagine i will come dead last haha
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Next

Return to All Things Running