It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am
Change font size

All Things Running

what do you think ?

Think Differently

what do you think ?

Postby steve1 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:03 am

ok I have a question
I am comfortably running 4 mile every other day now but im wondering were do I go from here ?
my run takes me 45 mins from leaving house to getting back home and consists of 5 mins warm up brisk walk and 5 mins cool down walk
so it takes me 35 mins to run 4 mile
should I push the mileage and go for 5 or work on upping my speed first ?
steve1
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Re: what do you think ?

Postby Cookie » Thu May 28, 2015 6:25 am

Did you sign up for that 30 day challenge?

First and foremost you need to work on the quality of your running ie form, body position, foot strike, cadence etc before increasing speed or distance. This way you'll reduce the chances of injury.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby steve1 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:44 am

haven't signed up yet as don't think I have the time at the moment to fully commit to it
its funny because it wasn't until my mp3 player died on me the other week that took notice of the way I ran and to be honest I was all over the place
now my form is a lot better I am more aware of my body position and constantly check this to make sure and also my foot strike seems ok
I read somewhere that if I was running along beside a wall the person on the other side should not be able to tell if I was running or walking as my head should not be bobbing or swaying side to side ?
this is something I check every time I run as I pass a wall but the cows on the other side cant tell me if im running or walking lol
steve1
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:52 am

You could also look at getting a cadence app so that you now when you're turning over enough foot strikes per minute.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to All Things Running