It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:00 am
Change font size

Training

Product Review: TP Therapy

The Agoge : Training, education and discipline systems of all Spartan citizens.

Moderator: Moderators

Product Review: TP Therapy

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:04 am

New blog posted of my use of the TP Therapy Ultimate 6 total body kit

Happy reading :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Product Review: TP Therapy

Postby samurai69 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:15 am

nice article
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:03 am

samurai69 wrote:nice article

Thank you :grin:

Have to see I`ve very pleased with the products in relation to hitting a lot of areas a bog standard foam roller misses.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Updated with a picture for S69 :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:12 am

cheers

liked it when i saw it up at yours.......good bit of kit

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:19 pm

samurai69 wrote:cheers

liked it when i saw it up at yours.......good bit of kit

I'm pleased with it overall other than the block which is giving way sooner than I had expected.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:03 pm

so, from what I see, most of the trigger point therapy can be done without a helper?
Are areas of the neck (traps and such) included, and how would you feel it would do in those areas specifically. The foam roller is just a bit to cumbersome to hit that area effectively.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:14 am

Melas Zomos wrote:so, from what I see, most of the trigger point therapy can be done without a helper?

Yes, if you don`t call the manual & DVD a help :mrgreen:

They do hold classes / workshops in the US with qualified instructors.

Melas Zomos wrote:Are areas of the neck (traps and such) included, and how would you feel it would do in those areas specifically.

The Ultimate 6 package that I got works on Psoas, quads, calf's, glutes, chest & lats but you can buy other packages aimed at different areas. A package being made up of the different massage tools & an instructional DVD for that region.

I also bought a few weeks later a second TP massage ball & 2 more DVD`s. Now this makes it difficult because they also do an online therapy site with instructional clips / programs on there to use for the whole body. These are broken down into mini programs for what ever sport, injury or issue you are wanting to target & normally they are 3 levels per program. Still using this & exploring to decide whether its better than the DVD`s, so saving money, or it compliments them. Write to follow.

Melas Zomos wrote:The foam roller is just a bit to cumbersome to hit that area effectively.

I know what you mean. I've used their massage ball for the neck, traps & two points in the lower back to good effect. These programs I got off their site so can`t compare them to any DVD package they might have. The biggest issue I've found is that around 90% of what they seem to cover, to me is, based around fixing & conditioning runners, triathletes, cyclists & such type of sports people. So the areas up to the hips / lower back are what get the most attention.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Training